OAuth 2.0 is a standard for authorising applications to talk to each other.
This article describes how to authenticate a Pendula tenant with a Salesforce org, using OAuth 2.0.
To connect to a Salesforce org from Pendula:
- Select Integrations from the main menu. The integrations page shows:
- Active connections: applications you have already connected to Pendula
- Setup connection: applications you can connect to Pendula
- Click the Salesforce tile under the Setup connection heading. This opens the page where you can enter the details of your new connection.
- Enter a Name to identify this connection. This value is used as the
API Name, and is also the name that can be selected within a flow to choose a particular connection - e.g.
- Enter a Description to make it easier to identify this connection from the list.
- Select either
Sandboxfrom the Environment drop-down.
- Click Connect. If you are not logged into your Salesforce org, this will take you to the login screen so you can log into your org.
- Click Allow in the Salesforce window to allow Pendula access to your org.
- You will be redirected back to Pendula. Click Save connection.
Authentication is now established with your Salesforce org, and the connection is added to your Active connections list.