View a log of all experiences, inbound and outbound messages from your tenant. This is helpful when you need to troubleshoot or perform a deeper flow analysis.
See a log of when all experiences across your flows have started, completed or errored.
There are 3 possible statuses for an experience:
- Start: An experience is 'started' after a trigger has been successfully fired.
- Complete: An experience has been completed without errors from the default Pendula nodes.
- Error: An experience has not been completed and is 'stuck' on a node due to a workflow operation error (e.g. invalid mergefield used in a node, invalid formula used in a criteria filter). The error state does not capture trigger failures.
Troubleshooting experience errors
Pendula flows can have a status of Error for a number of reasons. Common errors include:
|Example error message||Description|
|Mergefield formatting error for
Ensure all mergefields have a double curly bracket (
Not found: please
In the example below, the Criteria Split has an invalid formula. The "Please" field cannot be compared to the the Inbound Message trigger keyword "Help".
Criteria filter's flow criteria is incorrectly written, and cannot not be processed. Read more on how Criteria Split formulas can be written.
For any other errors experienced, please log a ticket for further support from our Pendula team.
All outbound message events
See an event log of all outbound messages sent from your tenant. An outbound message is any communication sent from Pendula to the recipient – for example, a SMS or an email message.
These are the possible statuses for an outbound message:
- Delivered:An outbound message has been successfully sent to the carrier for delivery to the recipient.
- Sent to gateway: An outbound message has been sent to an internal gateway and ready to be sent.
Opened: (Email only) An email has been marked as opened by an email client.
Please note each email client follows a different criteria to mark an email as 'opened'. For this reason, Pendula does not encourage relying on this state as a performance metric.
- Failed: An outbound message has failed to send. Check error message to troubleshoot.
- Expected reply expired: An outbound message has expired, future inbound messages will not match against this message
Outbound message errors
Invalid mobile number
An error has occurred in midst of message delivery.
Email address does not exist
|Check that your recipient's email address is valid.|
Recipients mailbox full
|Your recipient's mailbox is full. Try contacting your recipient via an alternate method or flow.|
Could not collect statuses from carrier
This occurs when Pendula does not receive a delivery update from the SMS or email carrier. This means the success/failure of the message delivery cannot be confirmed.
All inbound messages
See a log of all inbound messages received in your tenant. An inbound message is an SMS sent to your Pendula number.
These are possible statuses for an inbound message:
- Trigger: An inbound message has been received and is identified as a word used in the Inbound Trigger node.
- Expected: An inbound message has been received and is identified as a word matching an expected response from a Conversation node.
- Unexpected: An inbound message has been received and is not identified with any words used in a Trigger node nor a Conversation node. Inbound messages received after an expected response has expired will also be marked as 'unexpected'.
Where the filter is a 'Contains...' filter, your search value is case-sensitive.
Each table can be exported in different formats (CSV, XLSX, JSON, and PNG). The file exported will display the first 1 million rows as arranged in the table.
- Refresh the page to ensure the latest data is displayed.
- Hover over the ellipsis icon in the top right hand corner of the tile you wish to export. Select format and download as required.